(18) S1E18 Rebuttal: Violence is Sometimes Necessary
We know that there are certain circumstances where only violence can bring about good. Don't we? We explore a situation where refusing to do violence is seemingly passive, and even evil.
*Please excuse the sound quality on this episode. There was some interference on this recording which influenced the sound quality.
- A huge thanks to Joseph McDade for his generous permission to use his music: https://josephmcdade.com/
- Discord Discussion Board: https://disboard.org/server/474580298630430751
- The Kingdom Depicting Cyclical Violence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-uj0vQ-c6k
- Does ISIS Prove Nonviolence Wrong?: https://www.plough.com/en/topics/justice/nonviolence/does-isis-prove-nonviolence-wrong
- Is Nonviolence Naive (Answering Questions Against Nonviolence): https://sojo.net/magazine/july-2018/nonviolence-naive
- King Quote: THE ULTIMATE WEAKNESS OF VIOLENCE IS THAT IT IS A DESCENDING SPIRAL, BEGETTING THE VERY THING IT SEEKS TO DESTROY. INSTEAD OF DIMINISHING EVIL, IT MULTIPLIES IT. THROUGH VIOLENCE YOU MAY MURDER THE LIAR, BUT YOU CANNOT MURDER THE LIE, NOR ESTABLISH THE TRUTH. THROUGH VIOLENCE YOU MAY MURDER THE HATER, BUT YOU DO NOT MURDER HATE. IN FACT, VIOLENCE MERELY INCREASES HATE. SO IT GOES. RETURNING VIOLENCE FOR VIOLENCE MULTIPLIES VIOLENCE, ADDING DEEPER DARKNESS TO A NIGHT ALREADY DEVOID OF STARS. DARKNESS CANNOT DRIVE OUT DARKNESS: ONLY LIGHT CAN DO THAT. HATE CANNOT DRIVE OUT HATE: ONLY LOVE CAN DO THAT.
Thanks to our monthly supporters
- Laverne Miller
- Jesse Killion
- Michael de Nijs