(134) S1E30 Hope out of Complacency
I explore the role of Jesus and the gospel in motivating Christians out of complacency and into the radical Kingdom life.
(1) S1E1The Case for Christian Nonviolence: Uncovering Presuppositions
We explore the foundational aspect of objectively weighing the case for nonviolence, which is to address our presuppositions and biases. Derek share's his story and ex...
(2) S1E2The Case for Christian Nonviolence: Biblical Evidence
A look at the positive case for Christian nonviolence as seen in both the Old and New Testaments of scripture.
(3) S1E3The Case for Christian Nonviolence: Historical Evidence
A look at the positive case for Christian nonviolence as seen in the history of early church writings.
(4) S1E4 The Case for Christian Nonviolence: Logic and Intuition
Intuition tells most people that nonviolence is often a bad decision in the face of evil...doesn't it? This episode explores evidence that our deep intuitions exhibite...
(5) S1E5 The Case for Christian Nonviolence: The Real World
In this episode I look at several examples of nonviolent individuals and/or nonviolent actions and their consequences in the real world. We look at groups like the Ami...