(54) Rebuttal: The Argument from Bodily Autonomy (Violinist)
In my opinion, the strongest argument for abortion is the argument from bodily autonomy, also known as the Violinist Argument. I take a look at why this argument seems so strong on the surface, but why it breaks down under the weight of a number of large assumptions which crumble upon closer inspection. While I still think this argument is the strongest for abortion, it is by no means unassailable, and it is by no means solely an objective position.
- A huge thanks to Joseph McDade for his generous permission to use his music: https://josephmcdade.com/
- Thanks to Palmtoptiger17 for the beautiful logo: https://www.instagram.com/palmtoptiger17/
- Discord Discussion Board: https://disboard.org/server/474580298630430751
- A great discussion on the violinist argument: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGPudL_GQ3Y&feature=youtu.be
- Greg Kokul's "Unstringing the Violinist:" https://www.str.org/articles/unstringing-the-violinist